Saturday, April 7, 2012
Chipolte Sloppy Joes with Crunchy Coleslaw
Holly from June Cleaver Nirvana touted these as "Best. Thing. Ever" I agree. Her recipe was the inspiration for this dish!
Now I've already done the tutorial for the Coleslaw - you can find it here. The ingredients for this are included in the picture. This post is about the Chipolte Sloppy Joes and putting it all together.
1 lb Ground Beef
1 small Onion, Chopped
3/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Frozen Corn
1 can Kidney Beans
1/2 cup Pasta Sauce
1 small can chopped Chipolte Peppers
1 teaspoon Cumin
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper
4 Hamburger Buns
1. Prepare the Crunchy Coleslaw and set aside in the refrigerator to mellow.
2. Over med-high heat in a deep skillet (or pot) brown ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
3. Reduce temperature to medium and stir in ketchup, corn, beans, pasta sauce, peppers and cumin. Mix well to incorporate and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-ish minutes. Add salt, pepper & cilantro and mix to combine.
5. To assemble, spoon a good helping of Sloppy onto an open faced bun. Top with coleslaw and dig in!