My Brother-In-Law makes something very similar - minus the chicken - as a side dish for family gatherings. I'm not sure of his recipe - but its always a hit - and when I stumbled across this recipe I had to! Yes, just had to!
Inspiration: Just Get Off Your Butt and Bake
1 Large Bundle of Broccoli
3 small Chicken Breasts, cooked & cubed
1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
2-ish cups crushed Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup margarine
3 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/3 cup melted Margarine
1/4 cup Cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup cold Water
1/3 cup Chicken Broth (saved from boiling the chicken breasts)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 cup Milk
1 cup Water
1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1. Chop broccoli into bite sized pieces and combine it with the chicken in a greased 9x13 pan.
2. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine melted butter, cornstarch water, chicken broth, seasonings, milk & water. Stir well and continue stirring until the sauce has thickened. Turn the heat down to low and add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
3. Pour the basic cheese sauce over the broccoli & chicken and top with remaining cheese.
4. In a separate, smaller pot, melt butter and add the sesame seeds. Stir well.
5. Add the crushed ritz cracker crumbs and fluff with a fork. These crumbs will wick up the margarine very quickly. Toss to ensure its all coated.
6. Sprinkle over dish trying to get even coverage.
7. Bake uncovered at 350' for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enjoy!
Linked in Love:
Lil Pink Pocket